A course for book design if you’re of the mind to design your own…
Date: 13-14 May 2010
Time: 9.30am – 5.30pm
Venue: Agatha Room, L3, Toa Payoh Public Library
Both editors and designers organise the material of a text in such a way that the message is clear to the reader. Good book design not only enables the reader; it can create a beautiful object in its own right. This two-day course is for editors, new designers, picture researchers, marketing staff who deal with freelancers, or anyone needing an overview.
– Analysis of good and bad designs
– Elements of Cover Design and Book Construction
– The Financial Parameters
– Developing a Good Design, Artwork and Production Brief
– Designing Marekting Material
– Quality Control: Origination, Printing and Binding Faults
– Practical Matters: Digital Archiving
To register and for a more detailed outline of the workshop, please download brochure.
Registration is also available online at http://www.bookcouncil.sg
Special rate available for members of Singapore Book Publishers Association.
This workshop is organised by the National Book Development Council of Singapore in partnership with the Singapore Book Publishers Association.