Here’s a contest for writers organised by Amazon and Penguin Group:
Recently, Amazon.com and Penguin Group (USA) announced the third annual Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, an international competition seeking fresh new writing voices. CreateSpace will once again host the submission platform for the contest.
What should I do now?
1. Prepare your entry: Visit www.createspace.com/abna and review the submission guidelines, helpful tutorials, and official contest rules.
2. Sign up to receive contest notifications with helpful tools and tips for preparing your entry.
3. Connect with other authors and discuss the contest.
Important details about the 2010 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award:
What are the prizes?
Two Grand Prize winners, one in each of our two categories, will receive a full publishing contract with Penguin including a $15,000 advance
What categories are being accepted?
This year, the contest features two categories: General Fiction and Young Adult Fiction
What type of works are eligible?
– Unpublished novel manuscripts
– Self-published novels (new this year!)
When can I enter?
The submission period begins 1/25/10 and ends 2/7/10, or when the first 5,000 entries have been received in each category, whichever comes first
Good luck~! I might just enter if I can find the time. =x Heh.